Monday, November 9, 2009

Introducing...

I am a second generation Native South Floridian. This may not sound that exciting. However, when my mom speaks with her southern accent, and is asked where she is from, I love telling people that she was born and raised right here in South Florida. She was the fifteenth baby born at our local hospital. I come from an interesting family. I was a surprise, conceived on New Year's Eve. My fifteen and thirteen year old brothers were dumbfounded and mortified by the fact that my parents were still...well..you know. I was essentially a supped up only child. By this, I mean, I had all the perks of being an only, plus all the perks of having two older brothers who dragged me everywhere. And probably used me a little to win over the ladies. This unique family set up, coupled with the fact that each one of it's members are characters, explains why I see and view the world through pansy colored glasses. Being the youngest, I often had to speak up, speak my mind, and speak quickly. This meant that I didn't have a lot of time to formulate pretty observations. A pansy symbolizes thoughtful recollection. My thoughtful recollections are what they are.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! Is this the default text size for this theme? If it isn't you might consider changing it, because it is too small for easy reading. If it IS the default size, I'm afraid you might need to change your theme to get a bigger size print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat story! i have three daughters and then one son - the boy is the "baby" but while his sisters are close in age, there are 5 years between him and the youngest girl - we joke that he has four mom's - i also see interesting traits in him that were similar to my youngest daughter (being the baby) and also some similar to my oldest (being the oldest/only) - funny how much birth order affects us, isn't it?
    looking forward to more great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your heading! The pansy glasses are perfect! I enjoyed reading your post. Last year I took this same class and have so enjoyed my blogging for the past year or so. I have several blogs and websites going now and find it to be great fun and a fulfilling hobby! Keep up the good writing and best of luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a BWC alum from last year and I love the artwork of your heading! Keep up the storytelling and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a BWC alumni also! I like your "pansycoloredglasses"! Cute and creative!


    Janet
    www.homeward4.blogspot.com
    www.homeschoolercafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete